Nordicom has a scientific advisory board whose purpose is to provide scientific and strategic support within our Nordic mission and to strengthen the connection between Nordicom and the media research communities in the Nordic countries.
The Committee of Senior Officials for Culture (EK-K) within the Nordic Council of Ministers appoints the board in dialogue with Nordicom.
The board consists of one member from each Nordic country along with the Faroe Islands, Greenland, and Åland, with the members from Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden being nominated by the national media research associations. Board members are appointed for four-year terms and serve a maximum of two terms.
Since 2020, the scientific advisory board has been chaired by Margareta Melin of Malmö University.
The scientific advisory board consists of the following members:
- Aske Kammer, Roskilde University
- Marko Ala-Fossi, University of Tampere
- Helga Ólafs, University of Iceland
- Kristin Skare Orgeret, OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University
- Margareta Melin (chair), Malmö University
- The Faroe Islands
- Heini í Skorini, University of the Faroe Islands
- Signe Ravn-Højgaard, University of Greenland
- Carl-Gustav Lindén, University of Bergen