Welcome to a new issue of the European Media Policy newsletter.
Some of the contents:
- EU policy makers are appalled by the erosion of media freedom in Europe. But what can they do about it?
- There is also much concern about the safety of journalists and the legal harrasments they are subjected to. Many hope for an EU directive.
- Terrorist content online and what to do about it is another hot topic these days.
- The growing tech and media influence of China is worrying not only American and European politicians. Journalist groups are fretting too.
- Discussions on the proposed new EU legislation on digital services are heating up in the Council and the Parliament.
- Journalists and civil society groups are alarmed by the increasing use of surveillance technology. Will the EU ban facial recognition?
European Media Policy is a newsletter published by Nordicom and edited by Anna Celsing. Published three times a year, it focuses specifically on developments in media policy at the European level, such as new proposals for legislation, debates in the European Parliament, recently taken or impending policy decisions, EU studies in the field, and so forth.