Photo: Scandinav Bildbyrå
Find Nordic media facts on Nordicom's website.
- Nordic media statistics in English
- Swedish media statistics in Swedish
- Nordicom's Media Barometer, an annual media use study in Sweden
- Danish, Finnish, Icelandic and Norwegian media statistics (links to national providers)
- External statistical sources at national, Nordic, European and international levels (link library)
Nordic factsheets, newsletters and further reading
- Nordic factsheets based on Nordicom's statistics
- Nordic analyses based on Nordicom's statistics and external research in our news flow (filter by Media Use; Media Structure; Media Policy; etc.)
- The newsletters "Media Trends in the Nordic Countries" and "European Media Policy" (free subscriptions)
- Further Reading (intelligence): Links to external research reports, industry reports and other Nordic media facts
- Follow our newsfeed via RSS, and/or get updates on Twitter.
- Official reports (government reports and other public reports) on media and on freedom of expression in the Nordic countries (lists and links)
- News about media policy in the Nordic region
- European Media Policy newsletters
Our reports (Open Access)
- Publications on media trends in the Nordic countries (statistics and analyses in English)
- The Swedish Media Barometer surveys, an annual media use study in Swedish (basic information in English)
- MedieSverige (statistics and analyses in Swedish)
- All Nordicom's publications (statistics, analyses, research)
About Media Facts from Nordicom
NORDIC MEDIA TRENDS: As a cooperative body to the Nordic Council of Ministers, Nordicom has a mandate to document and analyse the media development in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden with a comparative approach.
SWEDEN: Similarly, Nordicom has a commission from the Swedish Ministry of Culture regarding the media development in Sweden.
CONTEXT: Nordicom also documents, to some extent, trends and changes in Europe and internationally so as to place Nordic media sectors in a broader context.